Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America

"The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations, from one end ofthis continent to the other, from this time forward forever.

"You will think me transported with enthusiasm, but I am not. I am well aware of the toil and blood and treasure that it will cost to maintain this Declaration, and support and defend these States. Yet through all the gloom I can see the rays of ravishing light and glory I can see that the end is worth more than all the means; that posterity will triumph in that day's transaction, even though we [may regret] it, which I trust in God we shall not."

John Adams; July 3rd, 1776

4 comments:

  1. Really a great man, but he was opposed to slavery, so by liberal standards, he is not a founding Father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! Too bad the left believes that our founders are just old white guys and that our founding documents and constitution are now irrelevant.

    I read a column today in the WSJ that detailed a study by Harvaaaad University that claims that attendees at a 4th of July event (Independence Day for us Righties) are prone to be republicans and that the effects of such an event are permanent. Oh the horror!

    ReplyDelete
  3. H-nox - I saw that report. No doubt that is part of why the left is complaining about fireworks as air pollution. Certainly once they determined that Christianity was the bedrock of our culture and Republic they have attacked it with vigor. But there are some liberals who believe that their destructive behavior is patriotic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Air pollution??? The left's constant blathering about all things stupid is air and noise pollution.

    I am offended and I may seek counseling as a result of said offense. My therapy will be at the range. Not sure yet if I will use a shotgun, pistol, or rifle, or maybe all three. Rocket launchers are unavailable at present but that would definitely do it.

    Can we charge them with a hate crime and an environmental crime at the same time?

    I am sick and tired of their stupid shit. It is like arguing with a mental case disguised as a teenager dressed in drag.

    ReplyDelete