Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cut, Cap, and Balance


The Honorable James Webb and Mark Warner,

I anticipate that Congress will pass and forward to the US Senate the bill referred to as “Cut, Cap, and Balance.”  I consider it your specific duty to Virginians to push this legislation forward and vote in favor of passage through the Senate.  Don’t get lost in arguments about whether or not the President will sign it – he should and he must.  Don’t get lost in the hysteria about lost programs and reduced government services – that must happen and it must start immediately. 

Our Nation is at a crossroads.  Burdened by phenomenal levels of debt, we must reverse course now.  You both are in the right place and now is the right time to balance the Federal budget.  It is the right thing to do. 

Just look at how much pleasure Democrats get now from taking credit for when Speaker Newt Gingrich pushed through Representative John Kasich’s balanced budget.  You two could be sitting around over a beer in a few decades reminiscing on how you helped balance the budget.  Conversely, you could be painted as one of the chumps who when the opportunity to be courageous presented itself voted for political expediency settling an ever increasing mantle of debt on subsequent generations.  I recommend you try being brave. 

Do the right thing – that is what Senators are paid to do.  Support, champion, and vote for “Cut, Cap, and Balance.”  

Sincerely Yours, 

The Freedom Agenda: Why a Balanced Budget Amendment is Necessary to Restore Constitutional Government 

4 comments:

  1. Amigo,
    I sent my email to the same turds. I am waiting for my bullshit form letter replies.

    BTW, nice letter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. I take it you sent that to them directly and not just posted it on your blog. I believe that is what we should be doing more of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim Webb knows how to be brave. Its in there, he just has to remember where he put it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. H-nox - thanks. I fear that we will get the usual form letter as well - but at least they know where we stand.

    R-is-R - I used their respective contact page and sent this to both. I think it is vitally important to encourage good behavior, thank them for courageous stands (doesn't happen with liberals), and caution them about miscues (the norm). They live in a bubble. I know they don't see my note - but there is a tote board in every office that shows the number for and against on any key legislation. That's one of the reasons I bother.

    10th - Web is a disappointment of epic proportions. I had met him years ago and heard him speak on occassion. He's lost his mind.

    ReplyDelete