Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Read the Bill


This Health Care fiasco is going to give me an ulcer.  To be honest I hadn’t read the Senate bill which by our Constitution is the only legislation that could be passed by the House and forwarded to the President to be signed into law.  Enter the Republican Party of Virginia who wanted to put together a string of volunteers to read the bill on-line in 30 minute chunks.  I was forced to read part of the bill. 
The thing is atrocious – it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  It is impossible to understand what is being proposed because it is a series of changes, deletions, and additions to the language of current law.  A friend who preceded me told me to bone up on my Roman Numerals before my turn.  We laughed about the Latin phrases used that are meaningless to anyone who isn’t either a lawyer a practitioner of that ancient and largely dead language. 
You can read it yourself at - www.rpv.org/hcbill  I think that you owe it to yourself to read a few pages just to get an idea of how absurd it really is.  Or go to www.rpv.org/readthebill  to listen to regular people struggling through the tortured language of the bill.
Conservative Resistance – Day 498
Days until we can vote the garbled language loving bums out - 230

No comments:

Post a Comment