Governor Mitt Romney declared yesterday that he is a candidate for President of the United States (Yawn). Though I suppose I am going to have to place Former Senator Rick Santorum soon, I going to re-juggle the matrix.
Handicapping the current crop of Republican Declared Candidates it looks like this:
1. Governor Tim Pawlenty - I think that there could be the undercurrent of President Calvin “Quiet Cal” Coolidge here – he’s the guy who saved America from the Depression that President Woodrow Wilson (D – demonic socialist) put us in. Coolidge is the reason there was a “Roaring Twenties” and not lingering economic devastation. Pawlenty could be a Coolidge in 2012.
2. Former CEO Herman Cain – Handles the “mainstream” media like the buffoons that they are. I’m liking him more – but still a distant second.
3. Governor Mitt Romney – Sneaks in at third place. I’m not sure yet whether he is reliably conservative (I think not) though I do like governors better than legislators for Presidential candidates. We have a plausible excuse now for Romney-care that I’m still mulling over.
4. Former Speaker Newt Gingrich – too cerebral. Shot himself in the foot (mouth?) coming out of the gate. Moves to number four.
As Before – that is the end of the serious candidates.
5. Congressman Ron Paul – Seriously – Ron Paul?
6. Governor Gary Johnson – Legalize marijuana? What party did you say you were in?
I am not particularly despondent about this field but only because I could (and would) support Tim Pawlenty if he is on my ballot in August. With that said – I’m still rooting for Governor Rick Perry to lead a ticket with Former Ambassador John Bolton as his running mate. Enemies of the United States of America would wet themselves.