Monday, November 16, 2009

I watched Oprah for the first time

I used the magic of the DVR to record and then watch the Oprah Winfrey show for the first time in my life. Regular readers no doubt have guessed that I was watching to see former governor Sarah Palin. I don’t know what I was expecting, but I was generally disappointed – not a serious question in the bunch. I don’t really care about the wardrobe, Bristol’s baby, or how the family dealt with a Down’s syndrome baby. I didn’t care about Oprah’s sanctimonious explanation as to why she didn’t have Palin on before, nor did I care to relive the Katie Couric interview. I really don’t care about that idiot Levi Johnson.

If I had the opportunity to ask Sarah Palin questions in front of a national audience I might have asked her something of substance:

Had you been elected Vice President how would you have tackled the rising unemployment problem in the United States?

Had you been elected Vice President how would you have recommended President McCain deal with a request for additional troops in Afghanistan?

Had you been elected Vice President how would you have dealt with the potential bankruptcies of Chrysler or General Motors?

Had you been elected Vice President how would you have addressed the rising cost and availability of Health Care in the Unites States?

Had you been elected Vice President how would you have recommended that President McCain deal with Iran and their nuclear program?

Of course I don’t think that Oprah was looking for substance, she was looking for ratings and who could deliver a larger audience than Sarah Palin? Further, Sarah would have sounded a damn sight more presidential than the current temporary occupant of the White House – and Oprah couldn’t have tolerated that. I think that is pretty unlikely that I will ever watch Oprah again.

Conservative Resistance Day – 378
Days without a Commander-in-Chief – 79

No comments:

Post a Comment